Submit Your Proposal
The winners have been announced!
- The grants challenge is all about making progress on our shared goals and metrics. Read about them here.
- We’re holding office hours via webinar on February 9, February 24, and March 16. Sign-up for a webinar here.
- Need inspiration? Browse proposals from past My LA2050 winners on the My LA2050 Ideas Archive.
- Want to prepare to submit? Check out the application guide.
- Review the evaluation scorecard to see how your proposal will be evaluated.
Dates and Details
Apply between lunes 1 de febrero de 2021 (9 a.m., Pacific Time) and viernes 2 de abril de 2021 (5 p.m., Pacific Time) on this website.
Your application will go through a simple moderation process to ensure that it adheres to all challenge rules. Applications that make it through the initial vetting will be published on the My LA2050 Grants Challenge website on lunes 12 de abril de 2021 to allow the public to read about and engage with the proposals. Our external evaluation committee of community leaders, led by Social Venture Partners Los Angeles, will review and score applications to determine five finalists in each goal category (a total of 25 finalists).
From lunes 21 de junio de 2021 (9 a.m., hora del Pacífico) through lunes 28 de junio de 2021 (5 p.m., hora del Pacífico) the 25 finalists will move on to the public voting phase. Public vote will determine the winners’ final award level. First place in each category will receive $100,000, second: $50,000, third: $25,000, fourth: $15,000, and fifth: $10,000. The winners will be announced via the LA2050 Newsletter on martes 6 de julio de 2021.
View the full timeline.
- Submit proposal
- Moderation period
- Proposals on website
- Finalists announced
- Vote on finalists
- Winners announced
To apply, organizations will:
- Outline how their proposal will make progress on the LA2050 goals and metrics, including clearly defining a core issue, the desired solution to address the issue, and intended outcome for the proposed activities.
- Provide a plan that describes how the organization will advance the LA2050 goals and metrics.
- Clearly articulate the strategies and tools that will be employed to impact the target population.
- Identify collaboration partners and their respective roles. Collaboration is highly encouraged!
- Submit a detailed budget explaining how funds will be used across the one year grant period.
- Detail any additional desired, non-financial assistance needed from LA2050 to make the project a success.
What are the rules for submitting a proposal to the My LA2050 Grants Challenge?
- The My LA2050 Grants Challenge is open for submissions from lunes 1 de febrero de 2021 (9 a.m., Pacific Time) through viernes 2 de abril de 2021 (5 p.m., Pacific Time).
- In order to submit a proposal, log in and complete the application form..
- US-based non-profit organizations, for-profit companies, social enterprises, and government agencies with projects serving Los Angeles County are eligible to apply.
- Winning projects must be completed, and the grant award must be expended, within 12 months of receipt of funds.
- New projects, as well as existing and ongoing projects are eligible for submission.
- Previous applicants and winners of LA2050 grant programs may reapply.
- All projects will be featured on this site by lunes 12 de abril de 2021, and public voting will be open from lunes 21 de junio de 2021 (9 a.m., hora del Pacífico) through lunes 28 de junio de 2021 (5 p.m., hora del Pacífico).
- Evaluation: Evaluation will take place between lunes
2021 and martes
- The 25 finalists (five in each goal category) will be announced before voting begins on lunes 21 de junio de 2021 (9 a.m., hora del Pacífico)
- Finalists will be selected using the following criteria: impact on chosen goals and metrics, feasibility of proposal, impact on people served, and overall application quality.
- Voting: Public voting will occur on this website between lunes 21 de junio de 2021 (9 a.m., hora del Pacífico) and lunes 28 de junio de 2021 (5 p.m., hora del Pacífico). Voting will determine the grants awarded to the 25 finalists. First place in each goal category will receive $100,000, second: $50,000, third: $25,000, fourth: $15,000, and fifth: $10,000.
- Winners will represent a diversity of issues and activities.
- Winners of the My LA2050 Grants Challenge will be grantees of the Goldhirsh Foundation and will be required to check-in with LA2050 periodically throughout the grant period.
- Read all of the official rules for challenge eligibility and participation.
Regarding COVID-19 and Activity Restrictions
We understand how difficult it is to plan for a year-long grant period in our current context. We plan to be accommodating and flexible with our 25 winners, working with them over the course of their grant to adjust planned activities according to evolving public health guidelines and to ensure there is space to respond to emergent needs.
And, while we’d love to be optimistic and assume that in-person gatherings will be permitted sometime between now and the end of the grant period in August 2022, we can’t be sure. For that reason, please ensure that the activities described in your application align with current Los Angeles County public health guidelines, such as restrictions on in-person gatherings, except for those activities deemed essential (e.g., food distribution, medical services, etc.).
If you anticipate that guidelines in Los Angeles County will change in the next year to allow for your organization to conduct activities that are currently restricted (e.g., in-person educational instruction) please explain on your application what you will do under both circumstances.
Please note that applications that do not account for COVID-19 restrictions and precautions may be disqualified. If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected].
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre la información de esta página, consulte nuestras preguntas frecuentes o envíenos un correo electrónico a [email protected].